Monday, July 24, 2017

Some of This, Some of That

It's Monday, it's hot, it's July, what can I say.  Should start cooling off here some time around the end of October.  Mac keeps checking the Almanac on line to see if the sun is going down sooner and of course minute by minute it is.  He could tell you what time the sun is setting each day.
Morning walk was
done and a quick dip in the pool before breakfast. Load of white laundry done, 21 washrags and 23 socks, had to be missing at least one or it wouldn't be official laundry.
Loved the British Open yesterday, got really worried for a while and turned it off, Swiffered the floors, turned it back on and watched the last 4 holes.  WOW!  What a finish.
We had a shrimp salad for lunch yesterday with homemade Thousand Island Dressing.  The shrimp were heavenly and as always I asked why we didn't have shrimp more often.
Today it's going to be chicken kabobs.  Nothing too heavy, too hot for that.
Today is National Cousin Day.  I've lost touch with all my first cousins, we're scattered around the country and one's too weird to be in contact with.  I do have a 2nd and a 3rd cousin, or is that a cousin twice removed and a cousin 3xs removed, that I stay in touch with.  We reconnected through Ancesty.com.   It's funny that all 3 of us are or were teachers, no one else in our families were or are.
It's also National Tequilla Day, a drink for the strong of heart, though a nice Margarita on a hot day wouldn't be remiss.
Mac's outside talking to his weed whacker.  He says he needs one that doesn't break the string every 5 minutes.
I'm going upstairs to talk to a puzzle I've been neglecting, I'll probably melt.

21 comments:

  1. It amazing how there is always a missing sock, I wonder where they go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've been able to enjoy your pool. Have fun with your puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you - The British Open was amazing, what a finish!

    Sending cool thoughts your way!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's grown quite cool here. Can't last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of National Cousin Day; I'm not in contact with any of mine. I think I would prefer the National Tequila Day. Fairly cool in this part of France today and very windy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No cousins on my mom's side, but my dad's side made up for it. Guess I should go get on Facebook to check in on them today. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still looking for a baby sock that I lost about 6 weeks ago. I hate when things like that happen. Where do they go?

    I have lots of 1st cousins as my mom came from a family of 10 siblings. Haven't even met some of them. Then of course tons of 2nd cousins, etc. that I haven't met. Haven't kept up with any of them; my sister does and shares family news about them.

    We are pretty much the same here. Doesn't cool down to mid to end part of October. I do notice the mornings are darker when we get up at 5:30 a.m. Bit by bit losing that light.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the oldest of all the cousins in my family and we're all many miles away from each other, some I don't even know about. I'm not sure I would recognise half of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shame, I missed National Tequila Day. Who comes up with these days? I'll have a late Margherita on the weekend. I hope you haven't melted and that maybe it is a fraction cooler today. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Missing socks, they drive me mad. I have lots of cousins as my mum had five brothers and five sisters and my dad was one of four. My mum's family is scattered all over the country though so I tend to see the cousins on my dad's side more than the ones on my mum's side, and of course, as we're all getting older, I've got loads of second and third cousins too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for reminding me thast a call to a cousin is overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed your post today very much. I once heard that missing socks, are cremated in the dryer and are the lint you take out of the filter...HaHaHa.
    I did laundry this morning. Several of my dearests good shirts needed the collars strubbed...
    It's been hot here too, but yesterday we had a surprise quick rain...that cooled things off for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just opened my window as reading this post has made me very hot!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is getting cooler here. Only 100 today but the humidity is bad.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  15. Years ago we used to have first cousin's reunions and I think there were 62 first cousins at that point. There were only two in our family but several people had big families.

    Sounds like hot weather there, too. If I want to know what time the sun is setting there I will give you-know-who a call! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes honey, this heat is a killer this year! Last year, it was more like the first week of November before I felt comfortable outside!
    I bet my cousins think I am weird too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have lots of cousins, love most of them! Hope you get a cool day or two:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Though I love Shrimp salad.. I cannot have much due to allergy.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've only two cousins left both a lot older than me. I met a second cousin on Ancestry and we keep in touch and have met once. A couple of years ago I was contacted by the son of my father's cousin and we have become great friends with him and his wife and we meet up every six weeks or so for lunch. Stay as cool as you can:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We've been eating a lot of watermelon with cottage cheese and calling it a meal. Too got to stand outside over the grill.
    I don't have any first cousins. I am Facebook friends with a couple second cousins but we are on the opposite sides politically speaking so it's ... awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...