Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Hot

It was 95º yesterday and it feels worse today.  The pool was hot, not refreshing at all, even with a hat on I got a headache.
Had my B-12 shot this morning, after waiting an hour and a half--GRRRRRR.  Don't have any energy at all.
Thought I'd tell you about an interesting little book I read last week--

Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M.: Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and the Dawn of the Modern Woman by Sam Wasson.  It's the story behind the making of the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's.  

It gives the background on Truman Capote who wrote the book it was based on, Audrey Hapburn who starred in it, Blake Edwards who directed it, Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer who wrote Moon River for it and the birth of the little black dress.
I read about this book on someone's blog, please forgive me for not giving credit, but I just can't remember who's it was.  Anyway it sounded like a good read and it was.
It was fascinating reading about how the book, which was considered unadaptable because of its subject matter--a call girl, a gay protagonist and an unhappy  ending--could ever be made into a movie that middle class America would go see.
I've only seen parts of the movie, now I want to see it all and to read Capote's original novella.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. I loved that film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting as I've seen the movie a couple of times and was too naive to understand the premise of the movie. This book sounds like a good read. I hope you stay cool with the weather. We're going to have some high temps with clouds and humidity! Not my favorite kind of weather. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to pick this book up!! I loved the movie.
    Have a wonderful night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The film and the little book are so separate in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to see the movie again--it's been a while. And then read the book. And then read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read the book or seen the movie, but do know the song "Moon River." Our pool is about 90 degrees, but the outside temps are about 110 so it still seems refreshing, especially if gone in after the sun goes down. We are heading into monsoon season so that will bring a bit more humidity. That I can do without.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it is cooler for you today and that you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is hot, I can understand why you would have a headache. I can send some cooler weather over for you, in fact it is raining and quite cool here today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the film, so I guess I would enjoy the book.
    Wishing you a cooler day, Our three days of heat has completely disappeared!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot here today too, though no where near as bad as where you are. I also feel headachey and slightly out of kilter. I've only every seen snippets of the film, I ought to watch it through:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too hot for the pool is miserable hot! I haven't seen that movie in a million years. The book sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I want to see the movie again!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...