Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Random Bits on Wednesday

My poor daughter is still waiting for the repairman to show up and fix her heater, can we all say BRRRRRR!

I made Guinness bread today, my daughter had given me the mix for Christmas because she knows I love Guinness; though I don't drink it much because every time I do it rains, particularly in England.
Anyway, the mix called for treacle or molasses, neither of which I had so I improvised, I used honey and brown sugar.  The bread is done and it is DELICIOUS!

So I've got Irish bread (that is where Guinness is from) so what am I making to go with it, a Cuban dish, black beans and rice with linguica, a Portuguese sausage.  Nice international meal.

It's raining, again, the fireplace is lit and it's sort of warm in here, if you don't sit still too long so I had better get moving.

3 comments:

  1. Just catching up with your blog. Loved the signs of spring in one post and then your poor daughter suffering the next.
    Now this bread I like a lot! And thanks, it's started to rain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have had a fair bit of Guinness because it's been raining almost non-stop here!

    Hope your daughter is soon warm again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume you've now finished the bread as England is currently experiencing what might be called Spring (although I've probably jinxed it now.)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...