Saturday, December 18, 2010

Best Christmas Part Two

Again I nicked this from Chickens in My Kitchen , check her answers out!

1.  Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
ALWAYS Christmas morning.  When I was a teenager I got into a tearful fight with my Mom about this because she wanted to start doing it Christmas Eve so she could get on with the cooking Christmas morning.  But I prevailed and that's how I always want it to be, what a brat I was, but I did start helping Mom with the cooking.

2.  Favorite children's Christmas song?
Rather a silly one, but I get a kick out of We're Getting Nothing For Christmas.  When I was a teacher the kids always liked this one, and as we weren't supposed to do religious songs that rather narrowed the musical field.

3.  Most annoying thing about this time of year?
People talking about how stressed they are.  Christmas doesn't stress me, it brings me joy, and if everything doesn't get bought or wrapped or decorated or cooked so be it.  I'm like the Whos in Whoville, Christmas will come anyway and I will love it.

4.  Favorite ornament theme or color?
I love red, green and gold for Christmas and loads of Nutcrackers.

5.  Turkey or ham on Christmas Day?
Neither.  For years we had turkey, but then I tried leg of lamb because we all love lamb and it seemed like we never had it, so it was a Christmas fixture for awhile.    Then a couple of years ago I cooked a prime rib roast and we loved it so that's what we're having.  Everything else stays the same, the cranberry sauce, the veggies, the pumpkin pie, the deviled eggs.

6.  What do you want for Christmas this year?
The same as every year, for my daughter to come for Christmas.

7. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa?
No, not even when I was a kid.

8.  Age you discovered Santa wasn't real?
Around 8 or 9 and I'm sure my older sister told me she usually did things like that.  I don't think I believed her at first.

9.  Eggnog, hot chocolate or apple cider?
Hot chocolate with whipped cream on top, though a cup of coffee with Irish Creme  is awfully nice too.

10.  Do you have any Christmas decorations on  your roof?
No, absolutely not!  Wreaths on windows, fence and mailbox and that's it for outside.

11.  How does Santa get into your house, chimney or magic key?
The chimney of course.

12.  Do you prefer gifts or tokens?
Gifts, by far.  Because we lived overseas so long my Mother got in the habit of sending money to buy our own gifts and I hated it.  I'd rather have the smallest gift someone took the time to buy than the largest check.

As I've said before I love Christmas and now that it's only a week away I get to start baking and that's what I'm up to this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to have you to visit my blog. I have been looking at your questions .
    Hot chocolate for me please with an egg nog later
    I love to hear Eartha Kitt singing Santa baby
    my tree this year is turquoise and silver
    It must be gifts with shiny paper and bows--cottonreel

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...