Friday, September 28, 2012

Birthday

It's my birthday and I decided to look and see what was going on the year I was born.

•  First meeting of the UN in London

•  The Philippines gained their independence from the US

•  The first automatice electronic digital computer ENIAC is dedicated at the University of      Pennsylvania

•  A first class stamp costs $0.03

•  Gas cost $0.15 a gallon

•  A new car cost $1,120

•  A new house cost $5,600

•  Average wages were $2500 a year

•  Born that year were Cher, Donald Trump, George W. Bush, Sylvester Stallone, Steven Spielburg and
   Bill Clinton

Flash forward to 2012.

•  The UN is in New York and it's a waste of time and money

•  The Phillippines are set to be the next important economy

•  A first class stamp costs $0.45

•  Gas locally costs $3.65 a gallon

•  Average price of a new car is a bit over $30,000

•  Average price of a new house $295,300

•  Average wage (according to the Soc.Sec. Admn.) is $41,673

We'll have to wait a while to see if anyone interesting was born this year.

What happened the year you were born?

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy birthday. Hope you're being spoiled rotten and having a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a very happy birthday to you!

    I don't know what happened the year I was born - I was too young at the time to pay any attention. (You asked for it, you know.) :)

    Love the new header painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy birthday wishes! Great idea for a post, I'll try to remember that for some day when I've got the time to look into it (what happened in the year I was born, I mean). As Mrs Micawber says, we tend to be rather self-centered at the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated birthday wishes, hope you had a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete

Saturday in the Swamp

Beautiful cold day here, down to 36º last night and only expected to reach 60º today, but the sky is blue and it looks wintery. Lots to get...