Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Cards

Wrote my Christmas cards today, boy the postage is getting ridiculous!  Many people I know have quite sending cards, it has just gotten too expensive.  But I don't write any letters, pay most of my bills online, so paying postage at Christmas doesn't seem too much of a luxury.
I keep my old cards and extra cards and I have a stack of them sitting next to my elbow.  I need to think of something crafty to do with them.  May cut some of them up and make Christmas tags out of them.
One I won't be cutting up is one from my Dad, I think it's one of the last few he ever sent, need to find a better place to keep it.

My Dad's card

6 comments:

  1. I made/wrote my Christmas cards early, just haven't posted them yet. Did not have to think about the cost for stamps this year (and may not have to for several more years ahead!) because I found lots and lots of still valid stamps when going through my dad's things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my cards ready to write - they are sitting on the table willing me to sit down and fill them in!

    Last year I found an old linocut card my dad had made when he was at school in 1949 - I had it reprinted and sent them to friends and family. It made sending cards so much more special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even bought my Christmas cards yet, I'm so behind with everything this year. Postage is the same here too, the price went up again this year, so expensive, but I do like sending and receiving cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get fewer cards every year - perhaps you're right about the postage being the problem.

    I had a note on my calendar (written back in January I think) for December 1st, to "Make Christmas Cards". Didn't happen - too much else was going on. But I see I have a goodly stash of old cards and will probably use them up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to let you know that we "Mudlarked on the South Bank of the Thames between the Theatre and the Tate Modern. There is a gate and some steps down to the beach. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let you know that we "Mudlarked on the South Bank of the Thames between the Theatre and the Tate Modern. There is a gate and some steps down to the beach. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...