Friday, January 15, 2016

Five on Friday

It's Friday, so time for Five on Friday.  I will be joining Amy (and others) at Love Made My Home for this weekly event.  I'm a little late with this because of item number one.

One:  I had my semi-annual visit with my dermatologist.  She only had to burn off a few spots, but OW.  I'm good for another 6 months though and that's good.


Two:  Earlier this week I wanted to use up some left-over hamburger meat so I made a pot of chile.  In order to make it I opened a couple of cans of kidney beans.  The problem was that one of the cans wasn't chile beans, they were cannellini  beans.  So I put them in the refrigerator and the next day I used them to try a new recipe, Tuscan bean soup.  I got the recipe online, tweaked it to fit out taste (used potatoes instead of squash, didn't put it in a blender and make it smooth) and used the cannellini beans.  It was delicious.



Three:  While this was cooking Mac said it would sure be good to have some crusty bread to go with it.  Well it so happened that I had a mix for crusty Italian bread sticks.  So I whipped some up and they did go well with the soup.




Four: Number four is a bit strange.  It happened while I was making the bread.  I mixed it and kneaded it in a bowl on one counter and then transferred it to a board on another counter to roll out the dough.  Suddenly while I was rolling the dough, the bowl---a favorite of mine that I'd brought back from Spain---jumped off the other counter and broke.  I was so upset, loved that bowl.  I have a bigger version of it, but this one was perfect.  Don't know what happened, I've always said this house has a poltergeist.

I was working on the counter on the right, the bowl was on the counter on the left, they weren't anywhere near each other.


This is the larger bowl, the pattern is so pretty, told Mac we'll have to go back to Spain.


Five:  Whenever I go to the doctor and they're going to do "damage" to me, Mac always gets me something to cheer me up.  Today it was a little blue piggy to save for a rainy day---and it is a rainy day today.  Isn't he adorable, I gave him some pennies to get him started.


That's my five, hope you have a great weekend.








  



22 comments:

  1. What a shame about your beautiful bowl. You will definitely have to make a return visit to Spain! Glad you are ok again for 6 months, it can't be pleasant. Hope you have a great weekend. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A visit to Spain is a must to replace that beautiful bowl. Love the little pig, a really thoughtful gift after your visit to the dermatologist. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes!! What a beautiful bowl you must go to Spain and get another...or maybe ebay and get two or three:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep hold of Mac, he's a good 'un.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup and breadsticks look so, so good! So sorry to hear about your lovely bowl. The little piggy bank is adorable. My best to you, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a shame that your bowl broke but at least you have the piggy bank now to save up for a new bowl when you next go to Spain. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a strange thing to happen and such a shame about your bowl. All the food looks very tasty and the pig is lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that all went OK at the docs, your little piggy bank is very cute! You can save some pennies towards a new bowl when you return to Spain - because you will have to go now! Tell the ghost to leave your stuff alone! Thank you for joining Five On Friday! Happy Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best recipes are spontaneous. There is a soup we children called Daddy Soup, and the grands and great grands now call Grandpa Soup. My dad made it for three hungry children in 1953, because mom went to the hospital to birth number four.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love crusty bread! So yummy! Sorry to hear about your special bowl, but any reason to go to Spain, Right? I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/tea-time-steelers-and-puppy-11516.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too bad about the bowl. I think it's a pretty good reason to go back to Spain, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bowl has such a pretty pattern - I think breaking one is a good enough reason to take a trip to Spain! The soup looks and sounds good and there's nothing like fresh bread!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very thoughtful of Mac. It's a pretty piggy bank. Glad the treatment went well. I do like a soup using beans, soup pasta and whatever vegetables are to hand. I love those type of decorated bowls and it's a shame yours got broken. Another trip to Spain sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a shame about the bowl. I used to have unearthly things go on in my old cottage and she apparently was the aunt of the old farmer who lived nearby. It was strangely unnerving that the elderly neighbours would ask how auntie was! She didn't like tomatoes I found and would move them around the counter, not rolling, just top up and move across. Apart from that 'she' was fine! I'm glad your treatment has gone well, hopefully soon you can pop across to Spain for more shopping :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a shame about your bowl I was at a Christmas meal & my drink suddenly flew off the table. I tried to catch it but failed miserably! Very sweet of Mac, you have a good one there xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a shame about your bowl, and a bit strange as you say. The one you have left is really attractive. have a good week.

    Diana
    http://doodlesndreams48.blogspot.co.nz/2016/01/hotere-gardens-port-chalmers.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely five things! Your soup and bread sticks look very tasty!
    Sorry to hear about your beautiful bowl. I hope you'll meet another one... for example in Spain. :)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How weird (and sad!) about your bowl. That definitely calls for another trip to Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That soup sounds good and warming... just the thing for this time of year. Sorry about your bowl. I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes, you must go back to Spain to buy another bowl because they are/were gorgeous! Hope you have had a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how annoying about that bowl - I can understand why you'd be upset, it's a beautiful bowl. And yes, a trip to spain is just what's needed, lucky you have that cute piggy to save in :)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...