Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Best Laid Plans

Today was the day of our yearly physical which meant that we had to be up early, eat no breakfast and head into town to our doctor's office.  Had a miserable night, way too much coughing, and did I say it was cold, Lordy, it was freezing, about 28º.  But daylight came, we dressed warmly and headed off, got to the office, signed in, filled out all necessary papers and were then told that the doctor was not going to be in today.  We could do all our labs and come back another day to meet with the doctor, but we elected not to do that because the last time we spread our annual over 2 visits our insurance company only agreed to pay for one of the visits.  So all had to be rescheduled.
Mac asked me if I wanted to go back home for breakfast or out to eat, you'll never guess what I chose, snark, of course I wanted to go out.
So breakfast was had at the local Denny's, not gourmet, but oh so good, eggs and sausage for me, eggs, sausage, ham, bacon and pancakes for Mac.  Couldn't begin to finish it all, we're use to coffee and toast for breakfast.
Then we bought more lottery tickets---they prize is up to 1.5 billion dollars for tomorrow night's draw.  It's so huge it sounds like Monopoly money.
Shouldn't be as cold tonight, only down to 30º, but loads of sunshine, I approve.

9 comments:

  1. At least you got breakfast! WE sometimes do our lab work on a different day ...but I think the whole health care system and insurance world have gone bonkers:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a breakfast out, in fact breakfast is my favourite meal of the day whether a big plate of cooked food or just toast and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the doctor and the lottery.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would have been ready for breakfast and it sounded delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you salvaged the morning with your breakfast out! I always cringe when I read stories about your medical care and the insurance companies. How crazy that they wouldn't pay for both visits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about all of that with the doctor's office. Believe me, I can totally sympathize. I feel like it never ends. I'm glad you got to go out for breakfast, though. I love Denny's. I haven't been there in a long time but they have a turkey sandwich I always liked called the Super Bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How annoying about your doctor's appointment. But that breakfast was at lease some consolation - it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nuisance. I hope that all will be well when you get to see the doctors! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We forget how good our NHS is, free to everyone at point of use, we are blessed in it x

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...