Saturday, May 14, 2016

Liebster Award

Jo at Through the Keyhole gave me a Liebster (no auto-correct it's not a lobster award) Award and I want to thank her for thinking of me. I will try to answer the 10 questions she has given me.

The Liebster Award is a great way of discovering new blogs and to take part you should:-

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
2 Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
3. Answer the ten questions you've been asked.
4. Create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating.
5.Notify the bloggers that you have nominated.


1.  What was the last film you saw at the cinema?

We don't go to the movies much, usually wait for them to come out  on Netflix, but we did go see Jurassic World.  You have to see dinosaurs life-sized.

2.  Where would be your ideal place to live, town, country or coast?

I think I'd like to live in the country near the coast and that's pretty much where we live.  It's a small settlement  8 miles from town and it's near the coast.


3.  Do you have any pets?

Well of course we do, Miss Kitty owns this place and allows us to live here and take care of her.  Through the years we've had many cats, some dogs, a parrot named Paco con Carne and an iguana named Zilla Mae.

4.  What is your favorite area of the UK?

Love the Cotswolds and have stayed there many times, but Devon and Somerset are also big favorites of ours.

5.  What song annoys you?

Many songs do, particularly those full of hate and vulgarity.  My favorite music is from the 80's.

6.  What three things would you take to a desert island?

You mean besides a boat and Mac who'd row me home of course.  I'd take a solar powered laptop (is there such a thing), toilet paper and a Swiss Army knife.

7.  If you were given a million pounds, what would spend in on?

Some to our daughter, buy a place in England and some to charity, probably one of those that support Veterans.

8.  What would be your last meal?

Providing I still had teeth, a large Porterhouse steak, baked potato, broccoli and a mixed green salad.  No dessert.

9.  Have you ever met anyone famous?

I don't think so, though we once saw the late actor George C. Scott (think Patton) picking up his bags at the airport and we had Michael Palin autograph a book at Harrod's.

10.  What's your favorite take away?

We don't do take-away much, but when we do it's Col. Sanders Kentucky Fried Chicken, original recipe with mashed potatoes, coleslaw, rolls and gravy.


My 10 questions are:

1.  What was the last book you read?
2.  Favorite country to travel to  or place within your own country?
3.  What talent(s) do you have?
4.  Who does the cooking at your house?
5.  Would you rather travel by airplane, train, boat or car?
6.  Do you speak more than one language?
7.  Do you have a favorite tv show?
8.  What jobs have you had?
9.  Favorite flower?
10. Would you rather be a cat or a dog?

My nominees for the Liebster Award are:

Jennifer at Thistlebear
Mrs. Tiggywinkle at A Shropshire Patch
Rosie at Corners of My Mind
Justine at Down to Earth With a Bump
Kay at Georgia Girl With An English Heart

Please don't feel you have to answer the questions, but it'd be fun if you did.




8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me, Janet. That was really nice of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Janet, for thinking of me. I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions you received. I will cut and paste your questions and have a think about them over the next day or two:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should anyone else show up on the island you'd be very popular having that toilet paper with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... I think your three ideas for the desert island are very wise, wouldn't a solar power laptop be good!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking part, I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions. That would be a great last meal, though I think I'd substitute the potato for chips (fries).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your answers Janet and it is great to get to know you a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. It was great to get to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...