Friday, March 23, 2012

Toothpaste Warning

I was reading the label on my toothpaste this morning, I did tell you I read everything, and it said that if you accidentally swallow more than you use for brushing  that you should call your physician or contact Poison Control.  Is the d**n stuff that poisonous?  Or was this a case of silly government warnings like those on candles, you know "fire danger when lit".  So I decided to Google it and find out.  Well Google says that in small doses it won't hurt you, but don't make a habit of it, and with the whiteners and hydrogen peroxide they're putting into a lot of them you should be a bit more careful.  Too much fluoride can also mottle  your teeth, not a real  attractive thing to do to your teeth. Gives you something to think about the next time you brush your teeth.

4 comments:

  1. I confess I don't read labels and 'possible side effects' stuff. I figure that ignorance is bliss and if I can't see it it isn't there!) Must be my ostrich ancestry:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. You an get more natural pastes, I use Euthymol at present - must check the label!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I specialise more in dropping lumps of my toothpaste down my clothes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why I brush my teeth with peppermint-infused baking soda. (Plus it saves me money.)

    ReplyDelete

This  is Mac, I'm so sad to say that Janet passed away the 30th of May. Her heart and mind and attitude were strong, but her body could ...