I was reading the label on my toothpaste this morning, I did tell you I read everything, and it said that if you accidentally swallow more than you use for brushing that you should call your physician or contact Poison Control. Is the d**n stuff that poisonous? Or was this a case of silly government warnings like those on candles, you know "fire danger when lit". So I decided to Google it and find out. Well Google says that in small doses it won't hurt you, but don't make a habit of it, and with the whiteners and hydrogen peroxide they're putting into a lot of them you should be a bit more careful. Too much fluoride can also mottle your teeth, not a real attractive thing to do to your teeth. Gives you something to think about the next time you brush your teeth.