Sunday, May 16, 2010

Are You Looking For Me?

Here I was thinking that I was 10 years older than dirt, but it's my next door neighbor's house the Turkey Vultures  are roosting on.
They're also known as Turkey Buzzards.  They come every Spring and generally leave in the Fall heading North to breed.  Unattatched males frequently stay behind, making a mess as single males often do.
Great wing span, they warm themselves up then spend the day riding the thermals and picking up road kill, great sanitation workers.
I love watching them sun themselves when it's not my roof they're using.

2 comments:

  1. I love the remark about single males!
    Seems we have similar birds, insects and other creatures.
    I'm not going to post a photo of the snake J. encountered on the lawn yesterday. I don't want to look at it and figure some of my blog readers wouldn't care to have it pop up either. The locals call it a "rat snake" or a "cow snake."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the wild life is pretty similar all over the south, except we have alligators.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...