Monday, May 17, 2010

Fingers Intact, Pillows Made




Though I sewed through my left index finger the first day I sewed, I knew it'd been a while since I'd used my sewing machine, I've gotten a load of pillows done.  Most went into the gold bedroom which needs to be painted desperately and I hate to paint in the summer, particularly upstairs.  But that's the room our daughter uses when she visits and she's coming in July for her birthday so I may have to overcome my reluctance.  
The other pillows are on the couch in the livingroom, but I hate the couch cover and it needs to be replaced, I'm thinking a white slipcover.
The next pillows are for the white bedroom but I need some cording before I can go on.  I've also finished 2 table covers and a curtain topper for the laundry room.  So far I'm really pleased with the material I got from fabric.com, I'll definitely order from them again.

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the pillows in the vintage-looking blue floral. I looked longingly at my boxes and bins of fabric yesterday. They are still in the van we used for moving--and there is simply no place in the house ready for unpacking them. Sewing withdrawal!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday in the Swamp

Beautiful cold day here, down to 36º last night and only expected to reach 60º today, but the sky is blue and it looks wintery. Lots to get...