Friday, May 7, 2010

Yard Sales Revisited


As I said in a post last year, I really don't get Yard Sales.  You hurry from house to house looking to buy stuff you don't really want or need, but because it's  a bargain you buy it, bring it home, don't know what to do with it and stuff it in the closet or attic.  
So why am I revisiting Yard Sales?   Because tomorrow is our subdivision's annual yard sale.   
 Mac and I have spent the last week going through closets and the attic dragging out junk, including some that I bought at a yard sale.  Originally I said that I didn't want to do the yard sale this year.  It means getting up at dawn on a Saturday after we've been out dancing on Friday night, trying to set up as people are already going through our things, having some little old lady, who's in such a hurry to get to our stuff run into our mailbox (without saying so much as a "Sorry"),  and then having to pack up what doesn't sell and haul it back up into the house.  Have I mentioned it's 12 steps up to our house and that doesn't include the steps up to the second story.
Well the deal this year is that anything that doesn't sell goes into the back of the car and straight to the county dump.  And I'm not getting up at dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...