Monday, May 9, 2011

The Artist Has Been Busy

Mac has been on a very reptillian (is there such a word?) and amphibian  roll lately, he's painted a number of frogs and turtles, just because he loves them.  Loves them so much that when he found turtle eggs in the yard last year he rescued them before the raccoons could eat them, and is now the proud papa of a rednecked slider pond turtle and an eastern box turtle.  The frog paintings are of South American Poison Arrow Frogs.  I think the turtle is a box turtle.



Yesterday he sold another painting on etsy and it's a beauty if I do say so myself.


The One He Sold
This weekend while I was reading Rosie's Blog,  Corners of My Mind (great Blog, go visit)  I fell in love with one of the  photos  she had taken at  Haddon Hall during their Tudor Day visit and I asked her permission to have my husband make a painting of it.  She graciously said yes and I can't wait for him to get started, this painting won't be for sale, it's for me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you, can't wait to see the tudor painting! he is very talented!!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac is very talented, I'm looking forward to seeing his painting of Rosie's photograph. Haddon is a place that would provide an artist with endless inspiration both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...