Friday, May 13, 2011

Delicious

Made a wonderful potato salad from a Paula Deen recipe the other day.   For those of you who don't know Paula Deen, she is Savannah's #1 lady, along with her sons she owns The Lady and Sons restaurant in downtown Savannah, she has her own cooking show on Food TV and she has written a load of cookbooks.  If you don't mind fattening,  her recipes are pretty good, as she says she's not your dietician she's a cook.
Anyway, this is the recipe for Red Potatoes and Green Bean Salad.

Ingredients:
3lb.    bag of new red potatoes, quartered    (I used less because there are only the 2 of us)
1 lb           fresh green beans  (again I used less, but they were fresh from the garden as were the potatoes)
1/3 cup     Olive Oil   (I used less because you don't need that much)
2 1/2 Tbs  White Wine Vinegar  (I substituted seasoned rice wine vinegar, it's a little sweeter)
1/4 Tsp     Dijon Mustard
1/4 Tsp     Dill
1/2 Tsp      Salt
1/2 Tsp      Black Pepper


Directions:


In a large saucepan add potatoes to enough water to cover them.  Bring it to a boil and boil for 8 minutes.  Add green beans, return to a boil and cook for 2 minutes ( I think I actually cooked it for about 4 more minutes, but check your beans, they need to be cooked, but not overcooked).  Drain and cool slightly

Place potatoes and green beans in a serving bowl.

In a small bowl whisk together the Olive Oil and the other 5 ingredients.  Pour over potatoes and green beans, tossing gently to coat.  Cover and chill.

As I said this was delicious.  We love potato salad and I'm always looking for new takes on it.  I've used several of Paula's recipes and usually like them.  As for her restaurant, it's ok (is that damning with faint praise?).  Whenever people visit us they always want to eat there, so we warn them, take them and they agree, it's "OK".  But there's always lines out in front of it so she must be doing something right.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of Paula Deen as I've come across her books (and a magazine I think?)when in the US. I really wanted to comment on your previous post which has disappeared during Blogger's ups and downs - I take it that you have found a re-enactment to go to on your trip to the UK later this year? Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks and sounds good. I shall give it a go.
    Home grown potatoes and beans - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rowan, no I haven't and I guess I'll have to repost the other post.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...