Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pool

All right it's official, it may only be May 21st but summer has begun.  I went in the pool for the first time this year and didn't have to walk on water.  I'll admit there was a bit of a squeak when first my body touched the water, but the longer I was in the better it felt.  It's supposed to be 93 here today and 95 on Sunday and Monday so this probably won't be my last foray into the water.  I was cleaning the bottom and scrubbing  the sides of the pool  while Mac was trimming the Jasmine that hangs over the pool.
The Buddleia on the end of the pool was covered in small butterflies, Skippers, and I could hear bumble bees buzzing around, they work so hard, whereas the Skippers get drunk on nectar, fall in the pool and have to be rescued all the time.
It actually felt pretty good, but I can't be out in the sun too long even if I'm covered in Sunscreen.  Saw my dermatologist yesterday and only had to have a few things burned off, but I've learned my lesson and I really limit my time in the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to have a pool in your garden,even if I had one it would be too cold to use it though. Temps are struggling to get into the 60s here and there's been a cold wind blowing for days now.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...