Friday, March 23, 2012

Toothpaste Warning

I was reading the label on my toothpaste this morning, I did tell you I read everything, and it said that if you accidentally swallow more than you use for brushing  that you should call your physician or contact Poison Control.  Is the d**n stuff that poisonous?  Or was this a case of silly government warnings like those on candles, you know "fire danger when lit".  So I decided to Google it and find out.  Well Google says that in small doses it won't hurt you, but don't make a habit of it, and with the whiteners and hydrogen peroxide they're putting into a lot of them you should be a bit more careful.  Too much fluoride can also mottle  your teeth, not a real  attractive thing to do to your teeth. Gives you something to think about the next time you brush your teeth.

4 comments:

  1. I confess I don't read labels and 'possible side effects' stuff. I figure that ignorance is bliss and if I can't see it it isn't there!) Must be my ostrich ancestry:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. You an get more natural pastes, I use Euthymol at present - must check the label!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I specialise more in dropping lumps of my toothpaste down my clothes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why I brush my teeth with peppermint-infused baking soda. (Plus it saves me money.)

    ReplyDelete