Friday, September 22, 2017

How Did It Get To Be Friday Already

Oh where has my week gone.  Let's see, Wednesday, can I remember Wednesday, (this transferring information from short term to long term memory is getting harder), sort of.  I remember cleaning out the refrigerator (we were going commissary shopping on Thursday), cleaning toilets (I forgot to do them on Toilet Tuesdays---mnemonics help), weeding and cleaning the pool.  Why is it that negative memories stick around longer than pleasant ones?
Then yesterday was grocery shopping, we hadn't been in a while so there was a lot that Mac had to carry upstairs.  But it's done!
Today the morning was spent dusting blinds.  Of all the dusting I do this is the one I hate the most.  Even using a Swiffer duster that captures the dust I end up with dust in my eyes.  I did all of the blinds downstairs except for the master bath and the 3 behind the couch in the family room---I didn't feel like shifting furniture or putting a ladder in the tub, they're high windows in the bathroom.
Still, I dusted 10 windows and way too much chair rail and baseboards.  Now I feel itchy.
Earlier this week Mac did something rather special for me.  Our grandfather clock hasn't been running in years, in fact I'd almost bet it's been 30 years since it ran.  Well it's running now, I won't tell you how, but it involves duck tape and a couple pencils.   He polished up the brass and set it to rights, except for the chime.  The clock stands against a wall that backs onto our bedroom, ao no chimes.  But I love to walk by and hear it ticking.
Earlier this morning we gave Miss Kitty her flea treatment, a few drops of medication on the back of her neck.  Does anyone else's cat act as though you're trying to murder them when you do this?  She is such a drama queen.
Beautiful day here except it's too hot, oh fall where are you.

23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful clock. I've always wanted a grandfather clock but we have no room for one, perhaps one day. Archie used to hate having flea drops put on the back of his neck but the vet now prescribes tablets instead so he's quite happy to eat that, disguised in a bit of cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Kitty eats around anything we try t o hide in her food

      Delete
  2. Oh, well, you reminded me, think I'll go dust here in a few minutes. Not a job I like at all! But, someone has to do it. I do feel good afterwards though. Have a great first weekend of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to think of something opposite of PTSD to explain being unable to remember joy in your life easier.
    Toilets - how un-fun is that?
    You have a lovely clock! I believe I wouldn't want the chimes, on a sleepless night they could be a real problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since Malcolm retired, he has taken over the dusting - bliss! I don't mind cleaning the toilets - it's doing the ironing that I really detest!! Autumn has definitely arrived here - it is almost cool enough to get out the hand-knitted socks!!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friday comes around to this house nearly every day - we are forever filling up the pill trays! Friday is also my toilet day now - fart Friday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get like that at the end of the week, trying to work out which day we did what, when you are retired all the days seem the same. How wonderful to have your lovely clock working again:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't all cats drama queens (whichever sex they are)?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friday comes around so fast. It was just Monday I swear !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I'm tired just reading your busy week. Dusting blinds...I always dread that chore. The clock being fixed is so nice. We give our Molly a pill each month called Combo which covers, fleas, ticks, worms etc. Rather expensive but she's family. HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would look into a pill for your kitty:) Yes they can be drama queens! You had a busy week! I hate dusting blinds, sometimes I take them down and put them in the tub to soak it seems easier:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that clock. Don't fancy cleaning blinds though... mine are still new and clean. I suppose I should be grateful they are reach-able.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy this week. Mine started out well re. housework with the plan to do some decluttering, but then a dental checkup and dental x-rays on two days and other outside activities filled my time. I try and write a few notes in my journal at the end of the day. It helps me remember what we did as I look back on my week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so afraid of the dentist that I almost never go, bad me.

      Delete
  13. Lovely clock! Week has gone really quick. I keep hoping for cooler weather but not yet so hot nights and I keep waking up. Yuck. I feel like the week has flown by without me getting anything done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep Hoping for cooler weather too, but so far no relief.

      Delete
  14. Such a beautiful clock, so glad Mac was able to get it 'ticking' again. The week has flown by...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't even want to ask about fixing that grandfather clock with duct tape. The clock maker probably would turn over in his grave - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If he did Mac would fix him with duck tape

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never had a cat, so not sure about the flea treatment. Our dog tolerated that (and 2 times daily insulin shots for 4 years) but food was involved (he was a corgi, who is very food driven). I need to dust my blinds. Want to come over to do so? Our weather is cooling down :) I had an uncle who built grandfather clocks as a hobby. He gave to each of his nieces/nephews one for their wedding of varying sizes. Glad you got yours working.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ack, blinds. We have a few of the horizontal ones and they are the worst. The vertical ones don't seem to get very dusty, just cobwebs up at the top but they are hidden in the wood frame around the blinds so I can be lazy about those.
    Rosie is mad at me for half a day after the flea stuff. Definitely another feline drama queen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Weeks just go by so quickly - so do weekends!
    That looks a very nice clock.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...