Thursday, September 7, 2017

Dear Irma

Dear Irma, Sad to say it looks like you're coming our way.  We thought about leaving, searched for a pet friendly hotel and found out there are no hotel rooms left in Georgia or South Carolina, except one hotel in Columbia, South Carolina that wanted $800 for 3 days. All the folks fleeing Florida have already gotten the rooms.
Our favorite redneck has an empty rental house that he just remodeled and it's empty right now so he said we were welcome to stay there with Miss Kitty.  So if it looks like it's going to be really bad here that's what we'll do.  The house is about 40 miles inland and hopefully that will be far enough from the heart of the storm to keep us safe.  We should know by Sunday morning what we need to do.
Our new licenses came in the mail today.  Mac's picture looks great, mines ok.  When we first moved here and got licenses the DMV contacted me and said I'd have to have my picture retaken it was so bad.  I thought they were kidding because driver's license pictures are always bad.  But they were not kidding I had to have it retaken.  So I'm glad this one is ok.
Mac is busy studying the manual for the new generator we got and trying to find a place to put it,  it gives off carbon monoxide so you have to be careful about its placement.
Time to fix lunch, hope you're having a good day, it's beautiful here.



21 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. I hope that Irma has lost some of her strength by the time she reaches you. Seeing the pictures on our television is quite terrifying. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that Irma hurtles back out to sea rather than crossing inland. Stay safe.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been worrying about you! You are taking the generator with you, right? Even 40 miles in, you could be out of electricity there. I hope your house freezer isn't full. Please don't take any chances, I've grown quite fond of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will take it with us, as well as some fold up chairs and a mattress as there's no furniture there. Thank y o u for your kind thoughts.

      Delete
  4. Be safe and damage free...hope Irma avoids landfall.

    I texted my last horrible license photo to my daughter, and she texted back that it looked like I was 'ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille.' LOL My current license photo is just a floating head as I unknowingly wore a blouse the exact color of the photo backdrop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe dear Janet. Praying for you that all goes OK...Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you do leave I hope you will not be caught in a 405 traffic jam !
    Be safe and dry !

    cheers, parsnip xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be so tough having to pack up and leave but the important thing is to stay safe. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully Irma will change direction and not do too much damage. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. take care.Hope it has petered out a bit by the time it hits Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The waiting game has to be difficult--especially as there are updates of devastation in the places already hit by Irma. I hope to hear that you've weathered the storm safely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you take care and hope for safety wherever you decide to go. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear, didn't realize how close you are to Irma. So glad you have a place to escape if necessary.
    DMV picture have a way of making us look like "Wanted Posters" HaHa. Stay safe. Will say prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had to have your picture made again for your driver's license? They probably couldn't handle your great beauty!
    Hope all goes well with you regarding the hurricane. Praying for you and all in the path of the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The calm before the storm at your place. Glad you have a backup plan to leave should you feel the need to leave.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a worrying time for those in the path of this storm. I hope you stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am anxious for you both but glad that you have a little bolt-hole that you can, if necessary, escape to♡

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought about you when I heard the latest news. I pray that you will be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Since I started following this storm about four, five days ago it has changed direction enough to make me go from "Oh, this hopefully won't be too bad for us" to "Holy $h!t." It almost looks like the eye will go right over my house. Waaaahhhh! Hopefully, it will veer further to the west to it won't impact you (or us) as much.

    My youngest son lives in Tampa, but luckily he's in Ohio on a business trip.

    Whatever you do, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you have a backup plan to leave should you feel the need to leave.


    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...