Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Busy Tuesday

Still no idea of where Irma is going, but the general consensus is that no matter which route she takes we're going to get a load of rain.  So in anticipation of that we went to the store today to stock up on water.  Seems like everyone else had that idea yesterday and most of their water was gone though they're expecting more this afternoon.  We bought 3 cases, that's 72 bottles.
Also started looking for a generator and of course locally they're all gone.  We did find one on Amazon, not cheap, but we've been meaning to buy one for quite a while and we might as well get a good one.  It will be here Friday.

The tropical force winds are due to arrive in southern Florida about Friday so we should be ok.  Hoping everyone in the path does ok.
Yesterday was a beautiful Labor Day.  We swam, dipped hundreds of Love Bugs out of the pool, hope we've seen the worst of them.
Fixed a Low Country Boil, a good end to summer.  We're actually going to see temperatures in the low 80's and high 70's by weekend, I'm gleeful.
Took down most of my summer decorations, got out the fall foliage and fall dishes.
We were supposed to go to Atlanta this coming weekend for our anniversary, right now we're in a holding pattern and may have to move everything to next weekend.  Fingers crossed.













23 comments:

  1. I hope the weekend is good, no matter which weekend it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is fine. stay safe.. XOXO..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary, hope you stay safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irma has me scared. I've never wished so much that all my preparations and supply purchases were in vain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it misses you, I've got my fingers crossed, after Matthew las year I'm nervous

      Delete
  5. Be careful and have a nice weekend if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the storm. Hoping it will head out to sea. I love that color on your wall...what color is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not exactly sure what the color is, we mixed some colors together to get it and it's been long enough ago that we did it that I don't remember what colors they were.

      Delete
  7. I went out supply shopping today, there is no water and no batteries anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it misses you and hope you're able to stock up on supplies.

      Delete
  8. Stay safe. I'm hoping Miss Irma will miss all y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I type for a chain of Florida hospitals; it will be interesting to see how the workload is when the storm reaches it. Seems like you are making good preparations for "weathering" out the storm.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not nice to have to prepare for a storm but I hope it misses you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking of you as I read the forecast for areas in your country. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been watching its progress on the TV, and thought of you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I woke up this morning and watched the 6:00 am news and it was all about Irma. They kept saying "185 winds, which is stronger than the tornadoes that hit Kokomo last year." I live in Kokomo. I get it. I am praying Irma fizzles out.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm pleased that you had a beautiful Labor Day.
    Irma does sound bad, we have seen pictures on UK TV ...
    Stay safe, take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope Irma steers well away from you - I was watching pictures from Puerto Rico and feeling very nervous for the inhabitants there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be going crazy, I think that I was correct first time - whatever!!! but hope you miss it.

      Delete
  16. Your Labor Day sounds lovely. I hope the approaching storms aren't as bad as we're hearing they're expected to be, take care xx

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...