Monday, March 7, 2016

Monday, Monday

The Honk and the Honkette, we usually get a pair each year
sometimes they nest on the island in the lagoon.
\Up with the birds, euphemistically speaking, and out for our 2 mile walk before breakfast.  Beautiful day!  Should be in the lower 80's before the end of the week, not too shabby for March.
We don't eat a big breakfast, unless we're going out for breakfast, here at home it's toast, coffee and orange juice.
Then it's housework time, whichever penance  I've chosen for the day--today it was the blinds in the master bedroon and bathroom, then the floors.
Next was piano practice, I really enjoy Baroque piano music, Handel, Purcell, Telemann, Scarlatti.
Then it was aerobics time, got to workout to  Copperhead Road by Steve Earle (and boy if that doesn't get you moving), That Smell by Lynyard Skinner, You're 16 by Ringo Starr and Sunday, Bloody Sunday by U2.
Watching Qi this week we learned where fat goes when you lose weight and it's not where you think. The fat is metabolized into a gas and you breathe  it out---how weird is that!
My 3 books for this week are Finders Keepers by Stephan King--it an e-book from the library--, Heroic Measures by Jill Ciment, told from 3 points of view--the elderly Alex who is doing illuminated pages of their FBI records, Ruth who is trying to sell their Manhattan Coop and Dorothy their dachshund whose back legs are suddenly paralyzed, and Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut.  The last one is a satire, but I think I would have appreciated more when I was in my 20's than I do now.
That's how my week is starting, how's yours?

11 comments:

  1. You're 16 is one of my favourites as I started 'going out' with DH when I was 16 - not many years ago was it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by your discipline - wich I could keep up that kind of regime. I am on a weight-loss plan (which I have devised myself) and have so far lost four pounds, so I am quite pleased with myself. I am astonished that I breathe out the fat though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You breathe it out?!! I had no idea. I'm going out to sweep down the winter cobwebs and wash Windows on the front side of the house. It's just too perfect out there to stay inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. We had lots of Honks and Honkettes on our walk today:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a good week. Piano practice sounds good! I could hear it from here!! Well, I think that was what the lovely music was... QI always has some weird facts doesn't it, quite interesting though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do wish I could hear you practice the piano, it's such a beautiful instrument. I started learning when I was in my teens but I didn't keep it up, I really wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, I need to be de-gassed.LOL. I love the piano and wish I could play. Two miles before breakfast is a good walk. kudos to you and Mac. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I'm tired just reading your day!! You don't let any grass grow under you feet. I did some studying, some reading, some shopping and some baking. I wish you hadn't reminded me I need to clean the blinds in our bedroom. Not my favorite chore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one busy little gal, Janet! Good for you! That is so strange about the fat-gas. Too bad all gas wasn't fat reducing! Lol! So nice that you play the piano. I can only play the stereo :) I have that little painting on your blog header. It was my daughter's when she was young. I really need to do some dusting in the bedroom, too. Easy to overlook that room sometimes. Hope you have a wonderful week. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's what I call music to exercise to! Makes me want to get off my chair and join in.
    I'm reading The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat by American neurologist Oliver Sacks - very interesting read though some of the medical terms require a dictionary at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luckily we don't have blinds so that chore doesn't exist here...

    My week is a bit sad since Daughter 2 and Son visited at the weekend and have now gone. But onwards and upwards; nothing else to do.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...