Wednesday, December 13, 2017

What's Cooking?

The kitchen smells heavenly.  I made vegetable beef soup, think it's the first time I've done that.  It's for lunch tomorrow and I went a head and cooked it today because I was going to be in the kitchen all morning anyway.  I'm cooking Rabo de Toro (Ox-tail soup), a Spanish dish Mac always has when we go to Spain and we decided to see if we could cook it at home.  Picked up some ox-tails at the commissary Sunday, found a recipe online and started work on it this morning.  It involved searing the ox-tails, cooking together onions, garlic, tomatoes, red peppers, ginger, beef stock and red wine.  Then letting it simmer for 3 hours.  The broth tastes delicious, I'm going to serve it over mashed potatoes, can't wait.

The Vegetable Beef Soup


The Rabo de Toro

19 comments:

  1. This sounds just the job for here at the moment as it is bitterly cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds just perfect especially at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! My grandmother used to make an ox-tail soup, but no tomatoes were in it. I'll be making soup tomorrow. It is that time of year, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That oxtail sounds delicious! My mother made oxtail soup to, but nothing like you recipe. We had corn and cheese chowder today. Soup weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mum always made Ox Tails, I just loved them. I wish I had her recipe.
    No tomatoes though, what a nice gift for Mac !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds delicious. My mum used to cook ox tail, it lovely when cooked slow over a long period.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I all looks lovely. If only smells could be sent over the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you enjoyed that for your lunch:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can almost taste it! Perfect on a winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just what you need on these cold winter days !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I like the sound and the look of that dish.
    How are you? Not been over for a while so I think I'll scroll down, while I'm here, and see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looooove having soup cooking while I'm at home. I mostly use the crockpot, so I'm not doing much with the soup, but it's just really nice to know it's in progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure the smell of delicious cooking wafted over to me ...
    Looks great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...