Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ginger Lilies

The sweetest smelling flower in my garden is blooming and it's doing it about a month early.  The ginger lilies just smell heavenly, and they have fought off the weeds  in order to do it.  I am absolutely ashamed of how weedy my garden is but it's just too hot to do much about it.  But when it cools down I'll be going through there with a vengeance.  In the mean time I'll just appreciate the flowers that are putting up with the heat and the weeds  and still are blooming.

3 comments:

  1. The lillies look so pretty! I can imagine the smell. Our garden is full of weeds too - just can't seem to keep them at bay this year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy if it would just stop raining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ginger scented lily must glow at night. White flowers have a magic.
    I just found your blog and am enjoying it and look forward to future posts.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Saturday in the Swamp

Beautiful cold day here, down to 36º last night and only expected to reach 60º today, but the sky is blue and it looks wintery. Lots to get...