Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In the Garden

Have managed to be out in the garden twice this week without totally melting which means that the temperatures are a bit lower, wish the humidity would take a hint and do the same.  The weeds in my flowerbeds were over my head, I'm embarrassed!  But slowly but surely I'm getting the garden back into shape.  We got our lawnmower back this week, I won't say it would have been cheaper to buy a new one because they cost over a $1000, but it wasn't cheap getting it fixed up.  Mac is going to build a little shed to keep it in so that it won't be out in all the elements any more.  I mowed on Sunday and Mac has been weed whacking everything I couldn't reach so the yard is looking a little less like an abandoned lot.
I cut some flowers while out there today , loads of zinnias, a vinca, some clementis, ginger lilies and some lantana.  Smells heavenly.
People keep talking about signs of fall, but the main thing I'm seeing is that the sunlight is at a different angle and it gets dark a little bit sooner.  Summer doesn't end till in September and it will be awhile before we really cool down here, but it's coming and I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, thank you for leaving me such a nice comment about my shawl.
    It sounds rather hot where you live, certainly not shawl weather, I've already started wearing some of my crochet shawls here as we've recently had a couple of cooler days. One thing to look forward to I suppose at this time of year. Personally I'd like summer to last a little longer here, I'm happy with Autumn & Spring as they are, so it seems it's winter (and specifically February) that I'm not keen on, brrrr!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...