Friday, May 25, 2012

Finally!!!

I started the cover for my breadmaker so long ago I can't even remember when.  Took me forever to find a pattern, then fabric I liked, and in fact I didn't get quite enough fabric and had to patch in some other fabric on the inside.  Without measuring my breadmaker (and you know right away there's going to be problems ahead) I used the pattern and cut the 4 pieces out, 3 times, middle, 2 sides. wide band, lining and quilting.  I sewed the wide band to each piece and then I started quilting each piece, ran out of red thread, got distracted by other projects, finally got more thread, finished quilting it all, lost interest in it, went back to it and decided to pin it together and get it sewn.
Now I'd be the first to tell you that I'm spatially challenged, I couldn't, even knowing the long piece was the middle and the 2 round ones were the sides, figure out how to put it together.  I looked around the room, figured my sewing machine was roughly the size of the breadmaker and laid the long piece on it.  Duh!  The lights came on and I knew how to pin it together, sewing was a breeze and I ran downstairs, which I should have done months ago, and tried it on.  It was too long and a it snug, it didn't need the wide red band, I could cut it off and move it up, but Mac liked it better without it so I cut it off, trimmed the seams and finished the cover with red bias tape.
A project that should have taken a long afternoon took about 5 months, I've got to get better organized.

3 comments:

  1. Looks very nice. I don't think I ever got as far as even thinking of making one. Until now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel good when you finally get these UFOs finished though!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday in the Swamp

Beautiful cold day here, down to 36º last night and only expected to reach 60º today, but the sky is blue and it looks wintery. Lots to get...