Friday, February 12, 2016

Five on Friday

Another week has rolled around and it's Friday again, so time to join with Amy at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.  Do visit her blog today, she has some wonderful love quotes for Valentine's Day.

My Five are things that got made this week or made me happy.

The First is my Valentine's Pillow.  The front is done in a Half-Double crochet with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn in this color:
Love the gold thread running through it.
The back I did in single crochet with a simple cream colored yarn.  The heart is done in a variegated pink that I had left over from another project.  It turned out pretty good considering I had no idea what I was doing.
My Second is the latest soup I've made.  It is Corn Chowder with Chicken and Bacon.  I made it yesterday and it was so easy, I'll definitely be making it again.
I should have noted that this is not my chowder, I forgot to take a picture, but except for the green onions it looks exactly like mine.

My Third is something Mac made.  When cleaning up the yard where a tree had fallen during a storm he found an interesting piece of wood and decided to keep it and make something out of it.
Before

After

My Fourth is one of his paintings that is more or less finished, to him they're never finished.
It's based on a photo we took in England at a Steam Fair.



My Fifth is my new pair of silk long johns.  My old pair had mysteriously disappeared.  We walk every morning before breakfast and I bundle up with jacket, gloves, scarf and earmuffs.  So I stay pretty warm on the top, but not the bottom.  I love jeans, but they don't keep you very warm, so I wear long johns in the winter or at least I did until mine went missing.  But now I have a new pair and I'm very happy.

Hope you have a great weekend.





















19 comments:

  1. That corn chowder brought back memories of happy holidays in the US. It is such a delicious soup. Could I make it with tinned corn? If so, I would love a recipe if you can spare the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five lovely and creative things, love the cushion, paniting and the wood decoration. Jeans don't keep your legs very warm in cold weather do they? The soups sounds delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say that I needed all of your five things, but I don't need the last one, so how about you keep those and pass the first four to me! Might be tricky mailing me the soup though... Seriously though, five great things, especially that soup and Mac's wonderful painting! Thank you for joining Five On Friday, Happy Valentines! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very colourful soup. I hope you are going to post the recipe. The wood decoration is lovely and what about a pic of you in those silky LJs!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chowder makes me real hungry. I have never made a chowder, would you believe it? Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pillow is so pretty; I love the heart embellishment. I can send you some warm weather if you wish. We're having a heat wave down here in southern California. Enjoy your weekend, Pat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many nice things here. The pillow is sweet and I wish I wasn't so hungry right now seeing that delicious looking chowder!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some wonderful creations done this week; the sweet cushion, the interesting painting and decorated piece of wood, not forgetting the corn chowder. Silky LJs sound perfect for comfort and warmth. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Four out of five ain't bad. Love the cushion, love corn chowder, I think the painting is super, and the moth pendulum on the faux cukoo clock is a great touch. I guess I'm glad you got new long johns, too. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pillow. And the driftwood bird sculpture is wonderful! So is the farming painting! I just love it! Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a busy week. That piece of wood looks great...I though he might carve something with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its so lovely to make your acquaintance through Amy. I adore what Mac had done with the wood, really amazing and meaningful. I keep meaning to make Corn Chowder, but as a vegetarian it would be a veggie version. I also love your blog header, the woman has so much character in her face - can you tell me more about it, I am intrigued. Have a wonderful weekend, hope its not raining where you are - its non-stop in Wales, UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The header is one of my husband's paintings. It's done from a photo in a book about the low country, which down here means South Carolina. She's probably a Geechee or a Gullah, they're descendants of slaves brought here to work on the plantations.

      Delete
  13. I love chowder and yours looks especially tasty. And the long johns are a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your chowder looks yummy! And I like your Valentine pillow. I'm glad you were able to replace your long johns. Silk is incredibly warm, and it's a bonus that it is thin enough to wear under jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That wood was just perfect for a little bird! And the painting is amazing. I love your blog header too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely understand the need for thermal wear. Winter seems to be dragging on this year. Love your creative pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your husband's painting is fantastic and he also did a great job with that piece of wood - very creative. Your crocheted cushion is pretty. The heart in the middle is a lovely touch. Hope you're having a nice, cosy weekend. Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what your husband did with the piece of wood and your valentine pillow is adorable. Long johns are a staple when I walk in the winter too - although mine are under a pair of snow pants in the snow belt of southern Ontario.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...