Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to the best husband and father that I know.  He's good, always bringing me flowers and gifts, kind, never gets angry when I do something stupid, patient, he taught me to drive a stick shift car and never screamed at me, loving, always.  And he was and is such a good father.  He taught our left-handed daughter to tie her shoes, I would never have figured out how to do that, he taught her to fish, he read to her every night, brushed her teeth for her when she was too small to do it herself, helped her with science projects through the years, spent months filling out papers to get her scholarships and grants when she went to college. Now that she's grown he brags about her to everyone and tells her how proud he is of her.
For Father's Day she sent him all kinds of goodies from Japan, think tongue jerky, shrimp crackers, really strange noodles, candied beans, lightning bug squid and lotus root crisps.    If ever I wonder where she gets her taste for exotic food I need look no further than her Father.
I got him a vintage German porcelain pipe and an antique German Beer Stein.
For lunch he's getting his favorite, leg of lamb.
Hope he knows how much we love him.


This is the jerky

These are the shrimp crackers.

These are the lotus root crisps




6 comments:

  1. "Hope he knows how much we love him." ... I'm sure he does.

    We've had a very nice Father's Day - enjoy the remainder of yours, and all good wishes for the coming new week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a great guy. How lucky for all of you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is such a lovely introduction to you for me. I found your blog through Amy's Link Up and look forward to getting to know you more through your blog. I create most of my posts on One Saylor's Log from my home near Portland, Oregon. I hope you are having a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post. I bet there aren't many dads who received such weird and wonderful gifts for Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...