Friday, June 10, 2016

Fünf am Freitag

It's time for Five on Friday again with Amy at Love Made My Home and all the other great bloggers.
Quick week, 1/3 of the way through June, swear the days are on wheels.  Lovely Tropical Storm Colin visited on Monday and the rest of the days are just a blur.  But I have been practicing my German everyday, if only I could remember my Die, Der, Das I'd be fine.


My first is my new rug.  Because, and yes I know we shouldn't, but we do, we eat on the couch in the family room, even with daily vacuuming and spot cleaning, we've made the rug there pretty unsavory.  So I've gotten a new one.  The old one is out on the deck, it has been thoroughly soaked, loads of soap and scrubbing has taken place.  Whether it can ever be resurrected is another story.  We could solve our problem by eating at the table, but we don't.  It's not even that we're sitting on the couch to watch tv, we're usually reading.  So an investment in cheap rugs seems like a reasonable idea.




My second is the new header for my blog, one of Mac's paintings and it looks right for June.




My third is the Hibiscus that sits on the front porch and is blooming right now.  We have to put it in the greenhouse in winter, but that's alright, we've kept it going for several years now.  Except for being sensitive to cold weather they're actually a pretty hardy plant and require little care.






My fourth is a little fairy house that our daughter gave me a few years ago and the yard pretty much destroyed.  But Mac managed to resurrect it and even lay a path out for it.  He moved it into the garden where it's a bit less wild than the rest of the yard.





And my fifth is a bit of a sad tale.  Yesterday we were going to run errands and then go out for shrimp and beer at the Marina near us.  So I washed my hair, I shaved my legs, put on my new Gloria Vanderbilt black capris, new zebra top and my new blue sandals.  We went to the post office to mail a package internationally, which took forever even before the postage machine jammed.  They don't have customs slips laying about any more.  You have to stand in line, and everybody and  God was there to mail packages, get the slip, fill it out, go to the head of the line, have them type in everything you've printed out, then print your postage.  Which as I said is when the machine jammed.  The postman had to jimmy the paper out and put it through again.  Mac had gone to the hardware store and bought a bunch of stuff and was back LONG before I was through.  But eventually it was done, we won't even talk about what it cost.  Then off to pick up water and a few other items.  Home then to drop stuff off and down to the Marina for our reward, except there was to be no reward, they didn't open till 4:00 and it was on 2:20.  Sigh.  So home we went, changed into around the house clothes, cooked some shrimp and had a couple of beers.  It wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I had envisioned, I mean, I shaved my legs.


Photos borrowed from Amazon and Macy's where I bought these, definitely not me in the photos.





Well that's my Five, hope everyone has a good weekend.









27 comments:

  1. Your strawberry picture has come just at the right time. It looks so cheerful and inviting. Have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the leg shaving part of the post! How funny. I love the painting - looks very summer like. The fairy house is really cute. I posted one on my 5 that I saw at the Ren Faire.

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so annoying about the post office!! I always ask for a supply of customs forms and I keep them at home as ours make a real thing of it otherwise too. They still make a huge thing of what is in a parcel - or even a fat letter - so I write the contents on a post it note and just pass it to them! It takes them by surprise! I like your new rug! We eat on the sofa sometimes too! Thank you for taking part in Funf am Freitag. I hope you have a great weekend! xx p.s. love Mac's painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Fumf am Freitag especially Mac's painting. We too often eat whilst sitting on the sofa whne it is just the two of us. I love your new rug and your outfit too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that work and the restaurant wasn't even open? Glad you had shrimp and a beer at home you deserved it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed your Five. They've made me smile especially the photo of the little fairy house in the garden. The new header of Mac's painting is perfect for June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great five, I LOVE the new header you certainly have a talented husband. Shame about the restaurant and going to all that trouble, do disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love to find a surprise with your new blog header when I come by and what a seasonal one, lovely. I do love the fairy house of what you could salvage is still endearing. Shame the restaurant was closed, but at least you still got to eat and the whole effort made you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your outfit, the painting, the hibiscus [we have them here in our yard and always a delight], and the fairy house. Oh and we too eat in the living room on the couches and have food crumbs in there instead of eating off the table. Afterall, the table seems to be a favorite bedroll for our cats. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Mac's painting is perfect for June, lovely too. I had to laugh at you shaving your legs to go out, I'm the same, they're usually hidden away under jeans so they always need a shave if I'm going anywhere and my legs are coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It tells a lot about a person when they say I know just what you mean about shaving your legs and all. Really enjoyed this Friday post and wish we could've seen the restaurant. We've been traveling without a computer so have to catch up on a week's worth of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What were they thinking not opening until 4? You shaved your legs for goodness sake, they could have opened early just for once.
    You made me laugh today which is always a good thing!
    Hope your weekend is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shaving your legs for no good reason, isn't that annoying! LOL
    Very cute sandals.
    We've been at USC Beaufort the last two days attending lectures, etc on Reconstruction. This Northerner is getting a Southern history education!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wir essen auch im Familienzimmer. Ich mag Ihre Fünf am Freitag.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a very nice painting ... perfect for June.

    Yes, like the others I too laughed at your last paragraph, in fact I'm still smiling now!

    Hope you are having a good weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings dear Janet. Your "number five" on your blog post gave me a laugh! It's sounds like what happens to me sometimes. But, your new outfit looks great for summer. And, the new header picture is so lovely with so much color and depth in the painting. I hope your weekend is going well. We woke up to mist and cool temps here today in southern California. My best to you. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your header is so lovely.I like it!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your header is so lovely.I like it!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We used to eat at the couch on Sunday nights ...not sure why, we don't anymore:) I need a new rug too and have been looking for one but have not found the perfect one yet. Your Hibiscus is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We eat on the couch too, don't tell anyone, haha. Shaved your legs, you were looking at some serious shrimping and beering to do that :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shame about the missing lunch but I love your outfit especially the zebra top.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "I Shaved My Legs For This" is a country song that I bet most of your readers don't know!
    I do love the outfit, I would have kept it on and swanned around the house myself!
    Nah, just kidding, I would have changed into my home clothes too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I paid my money, I shaved my legs....play something country!!!"

      Delete
  23. Hibiscus are so beautiful, love seeing them in France and Spain. Not often or the blousy ones here sadly. I do my postage online and the postman picks it up unless I want signed for. Advantage of living in the sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can mail within the States from home and give it to the postman, but internationally we have to go to the post office.

      Delete
  24. Love your new rug - we did the same recently. It really spruces things up, I think, having a nice new rug to mess up again! Lol! Love the strawberry painting - so appropriate for this time of year. Beautiful hibiscus, too. Such a shame about your wasted leg shaving :( x Karen

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...