Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Why is One of Our Dinner Plates Laying in the Driveway?

We went out through the garage to do our morning walk today.  I opened the garage door and started out when I saw one of our porcelain dinner plates laying in the middle of the driveway.  "What in the world is that doing there?"  I asked Mac.  He said that he'd put it there to help him remember to turn off the water that he had running in the pool.  "Well, I asked, did you remember?'  "Yes, he said, I just didn't remember to get the plate out of the driveway."
Somehow I think he needs to find a better memory aid than using one of the dinner plates, even if it was outside because he was throwing watermelon rinds away.

16 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Glad you rescued the plate and that the water was turned off. You are right though, a better memory aid than your china is probably needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny! I'm glad you didn't run over it with your car. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL :) A timer perhaps? That's what I have to set if I'm cooking hard boiled eggs.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny!! It so reminds me of something my brother-in-law would do. Of course, what harm did it do. At least it reminded him of the water, and didn't get broken. I would have forgotten the plate and the running water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHaHa. Oh you gotta love Mac. What brilliant thinking. BTW, beautiful dinner plate. Glad no one backed out of the garage over it!!!

    The new banner painting is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness !

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's definitely a different aide memoire:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how funny, thank you Janet and thank you Mac for making me smile today:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny, this really made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the funniest thing, wonder what the neighbours thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a very pretty plate, I'm glad it didn't get broken.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...