Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'd Rather Eat at Home


Eating in restaurants has become very disappointing, most things I order I can fix better at home and I know the cleanliness standards of my kitchen.   About the only thing I ever order any more when we go out  is steak, because a big, thick, juicy steak is always good, that is if the restaurant knows how to cook it.  
Reynold's Tavern in Annapolis, MD served me one of the best steaks I've had in my life, it was cooked to perfection (I like my steaks rare) and melted in your mouth.  We were celebrating Easter and Mac and April had great meals too, but my steak stole the show.
I'm not overly surprised when a regular restaurant can't cook a steak fit to eat, they just throw it on the grill and when it's brown serve it.  But I expect a steakhouse to know how to cook a steak.  The last time we went to the Longhorn Steak House, and it will be the last time, I ordered a ribeye steak rare.  In order to cook a steak rare you sear it on the outside and leave it red on the inside.  Did the Longhorn cook my steak that way, of course not.  The server brought me a piece of gray meat uncooked either inside or outside, it wasn't rare it was raw.  Like I said, we won't be going back, I cook better, and Mac cooks better steaks than that even if I give him cheap meat to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...