Friday, February 5, 2010

Seniors Need Less Sleep


I read an article that said seniors sleep less than younger people and that it may be because they need less sleep or have lost the capacity to go to sleep quickly.  Now I don't know which seniors they were talking about or studying, but let me tell you that the seniors in this house sleep a lot, usually 8 hours, if not more at night, and they take a nap every afternoon.
They conducted their experiment by asking young people and seniors to stay in bed for 16 hours in a dark room.  The younger participants got an average of 9 hours of sleep and the senior 7.5 hours.  Now I don't know about you but if  they put me in a dark room for 16 hours at a shot I'd be bored, I'd be thinking of a million other things I'd rather be doing.  Maybe young people go to sleep when they're bored, while seniors find other ways to fend off boredom. Anyway I sleep just fine, if I slept any more I could give my cat lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...