Saturday, April 14, 2012

Just a Walk in the Park

Mac had to take his car for an oil change this week so we decided to do our daily walk at the park in town.  Such a beautiful place, former rice paddys that were part of the Henry Ford estate, so water everywhere.  Always quiet, peaceful, full of wildlife.


Saw a young blue heron that we got a picture of and an older one that was so blue its bill was blue, but we couldn't get a shot of it.  Saw a small alligator soaking up the sun, loads of swallowtail butterflies sipping up nectar from the honeysuckle that's in bloom everywhere.  Did about a 4 mile walk, my knees talked to me about this later, but it was a perfect day for walking.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of talking knees.
    Fancy seeing alligators!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My knees usually do pretty well, but my quads and calves always let me know after I've been climbing hills on the bike.

    The honeysuckle's not quite out yet here but we are surrounded with lilacs and wild apple blossom.

    Sounds like you had a wonderful walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a lovely place to walk so long as the alligators keep their distance:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be a big park. I love our town park but one walks round it in less than 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...