Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Door Wreath

I nearly always have a wreath or some sort of decoration on our front door.  After taking our Christmas wreath down I discovered that I couldn't find anything to go on the door.  Wanting to have something reasonably priced I looked at Walmart yesterday, but they had nothing, so today I looked online on Amazon and everywhere else I could think of.  Found some, but those I liked were in the $50-$75 range, definitely not my idea of reasonable.  So I began looking around the house for something I could improvise.  I asked Mac if we had a grapevine wreath somewhere, and we both agreed we did, but neither of us had any idea of where it might be.  He found a simple fir wreath, I found  a line of Magnolias I'd had on top of a display case, it'd been there forever and was looking a bit boring, so it looked like a likely volunteer.   We  wired it to the fir wreath and a new door wreath was born.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful door wreath, and rather lovely door if I may say so.
    Funny how we all make an effort with decorations at Christmas time yet feel the need to make everything bare afterwards. I like your style!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday in the Swamp

Beautiful cold day here, down to 36º last night and only expected to reach 60º today, but the sky is blue and it looks wintery. Lots to get...