Saturday, August 27, 2016

Saturday at the Little House

Another week has flown by and considering the weather they can just keep on flying.  Still in the 90's, 66 days in a row, and even though it's the lower 90's. it's hot.
Nothing very exciting, finished my throw, have a couple of paintings started, little ones of Koi fish and a boat painting I'm trying to finish.
We went out to lunch yesterday to the place down the road at the marina.  Calamari were eaten, mussels were devoured and a hamburger was shared.  the Calamari and Mussels were great, the hamburger was ok.
The restaurant has an indoor air conditioned dining room and an outdoor one with fans.  All the tourists were outdoors, locals ate inside.
Rewatched Skyfall  this week.  Probably our favorite James Bond movie, the latest one wasn't nearly as good.  Love Judi Dench as M.
Finished a couple of books: A Few of the Girls by Maeve Binchy, a nice little collection of short stories, The Night of the 12th by Michael Gilbert, a good mystery set in a boy's school and Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult, I don't usually like her very much, but this was pretty good because it had a lot about elephants and I love elephants.
Busy Saturday morning, laundry done and hanging on the line, bread made and finishing in the bread machine, lawn mown and me, hot, dusty and waiting to jump in the pool.

9 comments:

  1. It's way too hot to think. I guess it still is August; however, October better be right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's how you sort out who's a tourist and who's a local! I thought it was the other way around, the tourists who needed the AC while the locals were acclimated and out at the outdoor tables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely have been inside with the locals! Sounds as though you were busy, well done getting all that done in 90 degree heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so glad of your pool, I can't think of a more refreshing way to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a Jodi Picot fan, probably the only non fan out there but I listened to that book in audio book format and I loved it. The elephant part of the story was so amazing. Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Still in the 90's, 66 days in a row, and even though it's the lower 90's. it's hot."
    Phew, if I were over with you I'd definitely agree.
    Thank goodness you have the pool to cool down in.

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes you get weary for a change in the weather.. but I always think it must be fun to have a pool outside. I would plant a tree nearby so I could have shade in the pool when it was really bright and hot. Then I'd float there on a lilo with a book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! That's how we separate the tourists from the locals here in Florida, too!

    Sometimes I wish I had a pool, but then I think of all the maintenance and come to my senses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leave it to the tourists to melt for a good cause. I'd be eating inside too.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...