Sunday, August 14, 2016

Why Does Everything Look Fuzzy?

I did something today that was a first for me and I've done many a weird thing.  After going grocery shopping and getting everything put up I went to go get changed and take my contacts out.  I put the contacts up and put my glasses on only to find that everything was blurry in my left eye, which is to say everything was blurry because I only use my left eye for vision.  I closed my left eye and my right eye wasn't blurry.  So I took my glasses off and nothing was blurry.  Thought there must be something on my glasses so I went and cleaned them, put them back on and everything was still fuzzy so I decided something was bothering my eye so I put drops in it, but still blurry.  Wondered if I'd picked Mac's glasses up by mistake, but no, they were mine.  I was getting worried, when I noticed that without my glasses I could still read things.  Well silly, guess what, you forgot to take the contact out so every time you put your glasses on it did indeed makes things fuzzy.  Shamefully I went to the bathroom and actually took my contact out, put my glasses on and lo and behold I could see.

14 comments:

  1. Well I am glad it was something that was easily solved!!! I think that I am going to need long and short distance glasses and was wondering about having contacts for one and glasses then to correct for the other, but now I think I might get too confused, I am unlikely to put two pairs of glasses on together! Glad you are OK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I can imagine your puzzled expression when you discovered you could see without your glasses. Glad it didn't take too long to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never see without my glasses--never worn contacts. My glasses are the first thing I put on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! At least you didn't embarrass yourself by going to the eye doctor to see what was the matter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure it wasn't funny at the time, but you did make me smile. At least you noticed that your contacts were still in before seeing a doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet that was quite startling at the time but at least you can have a good laugh about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me scared as I was reading this. Thank goodness you're ok! I think you can have a good laugh now! Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like stuff that goes on in our house all the time! :) Glad your eye is okay. I sure hate I missed your last post because I am left-handed. I could have chimed in. Guess that will teach me to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easily done but quite worrying until you realised what had happened. My glasses are the first thing I reach for in the morning, can't see a thing without them:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Rosie my glasses sit on the table at the side of the bed - I can't see to cross the room without them. Can't imagine trying to get used to contact lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me worried at first.
    But all's well that end's well.

    Take Care and enjoy your week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...