Friday, August 12, 2016

National Middle Child Day

It is indeed National Middle Child Day.  Mac and I are both middle children, he had 2 older and 1 younger brother and I'm the middle of 3 girls.  Sometimes it was hard being in the middle, there was nothing new you could do that your older sibling hadn't already done and of course you weren't the baby any more.    But that was ok, I found my own path, my older sister was the rebel, I was the peace maker, she made scenes, I was the funny one, she got in trouble, I was the good girl.
Middle children hate conflict  and Mac and I personify that, we'd run a mile to avoid a fight.  I'm always willing to compromise.  They say we're good team members, but I'm not and never have been I prefer to work independently.  I'm probably bossier than most middle children, but then we had to speak louder to be heard.  They say that middles make good teachers and I was a teacher and I'd like to think I was a good one.
Lots of famous middle children, Bill Gates, Abraham Lincoln, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, John Kennedy and oh dear, Donald Trump, though he comes across as more of a first born. Fifty-two%  of our presidents were middle children, being able to negotiate is an important middle child skill.

What was your birth place?

11 comments:

  1. I was the oldest born child and had one brother.
    There was another child but Mum missed carried.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a middle, one older sister,two younger brothers and then the youngest,our baby sister. That baby will turn fifty this month! All my siblings are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the baby, my brother was the middle, my sister the eldest. I think he didn't "suffer" from that middle child syndrome since he was the only boy in the family. I know my mom loved us all the same, but he was her favorite (perhaps because he was the only boy and she was a single mom, my dad dying when I was 18 months old). He lit up the room and her eyes with his personality. I never begrudged him that and I don't think he suffered too much being the middle :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was an only child until I was about 6 years old and then when mum maried my step dad I gained a sister 10 years older than me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the eldest of four. Always took responsibility seriously and still do. I'm the only who looks after our Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the eldest of four. Always took responsibility seriously and still do. I'm the only who looks after our Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was the youngest of 2 and was always the baby of the family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was the youngest of three. I had to laugh at middle children hating conflict, my middle sibling was the cause of all conflict!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am 2nd eldest of 6, my husband eldest of 2. I have never come across the celebration of middle children before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the older of two girls. I don't think I really fit many of the birth order characteristics, except that I do take responsibility for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the oldest and the most responsible one:)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...