Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Nice Surprise

Went out shopping today and had a nice surprise, gasoline has dropped to $2.98 a gallon.  That's less than a pound of hamburger meat.  In the 3+ years I've had my car I've only put a bit over 8,000 miles on it, which works out to about 2700 miles a year, so I don't use a lot of gas, but it's nice to see it getting so low---lol---I didn't think I'd ever have thought that $2.98 was cheap for gas.  When I was a teenager and first became aware of gas prices  it was about 19¢ a gallon and coincidentally hamburger was about the same price and now it's $3.82 a pound.

6 comments:

  1. I havn't seen it under three yet, but it was 3.19 the other day. Bonanza!
    Ah, the days of 19 cent gas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. about your comment to me...
    Son just "Lined" me and the storm will Typhoon will hit Osaka his Sunday tonight.
    All is well so far.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, petrol has dropped in price here in the UK too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fortunate you are our fuel here is €6.85 a gallon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our petrol is way more per gallon than yours is, but I did notice that it had come down a couple of pence, but it is still a lot higher than it was, but so is everything else too! xx

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...