Friday, November 10, 2017

Well Friday, Finally

Happy Veteran's Day to
my favorite Veteran
I'll say it again, it's felt like a long week.  But is has finally cooled off and it's glorious.  Felt like Autumn when we walked this morning and though none of the leaves have changed color there's a nip in the air and I'm happy.
Plugged in our electric blanket this morning to see if it's ready to go and unfortunately it appears to have died, still a nice blanket, but no heat, so I've ordered a new one, should be here Sunday.  Which means it will probably warm back up.
Called our propane provider, we're an all electric house except for our fireplaces and the stove, but they said our tank wasn't low enough to fill yet.  Maybe in another month.
Finished another book, Mr. Churchill's Secretary  by Susan Elia MacNeil  and I didn't like it at all.  Everyone was beautiful, everyone was strong and brave and quite frankly everyone was boring as all get out.  Won't be continuing with this series.
Watched Pirates of the Caribbean -Dead Men Tell No Tales and the kindest thing I can say about it was that it was ok, but I really think it's time to end this film series.
I made so much Chili the other day we're still eating it, perfect for the weather.
Tomorrow is Veteran's Day and most of the restaurants around here are offering free meals to Veterans.  We've never taken advantage of that before, but I think we will tomorrow.  And while we're out I can go in search of some Autumn flowers.

11 comments:

  1. It's certainly cooled down here, we've had some frosts this week. Happy Veteran's Day, that's a fabulous photo of your dashing young man, hope you enjoy your meal out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool evening and warm days here. In fact too warm, it is 83 right now and should be 73. But it is lovely and so much better than our summer. We had phoenix type summer weather ! yuck.
    It may be Friday but it feels like Saturday or Tuesday. My days are always mixed up.
    Happy Veterans Day to your Dashing Man. We have a parade here and if I could find a place I could park my car and a no walk with my walker I would go.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow will be a pleasant day. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your weekend with your special veteran! We've had some cloudy, mild weather here which is so nice compared to the heat waves we've experienced. Thank you for the book ideas. I'm always on the lookout to read something new. My best to you dear friend. Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a bust on both the book and the film! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have finally quit reading books that I don't enjoy....if I am 1/3 of the way through it and not engaged I don't feel guilty (anymore) to let it go. lol

    Happy Veteran's Day to your vet. Thank him for me and my family. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like Nana Diana has a good idea. I'm not going to finish a bad book from now on either. Happy Vet's day to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one handsome Veteran! I've just finished reading Stephen King's Gerald's Game. I do enjoy a scary story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's lovely that you have a Veteran's day. Sorry you had some bad reads but at least you have warned us about them. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Recently, here in the UK, it's been a lot cooler with frosty mornings!

    Love the photograph - have a Happy Veteran's Day, and enjoy your meal.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well look at your handsome veteran! It is also Remembrance Day here in Canada (that's what we call it). I didn't know that restaurants offer a free meal. That's a nice touch. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...