Saturday, September 21, 2013

Dress Hunting

Last week my daughter went dress shopping and found it very discouraging, I know the feeling.  I realized that I don't even own a dress, so I decided to break down and buy one.  Now the gene for shopping missed me.   I like shopping online because I can shop all over the place.  I can't stand trying on clothes, I'd rather order something, find out it doesn't fit, and mail it back.
I shop a  lot at Macy's, know my size there in everything, but found nothing I liked.  It seemed like every store had the same old thing.
Love the store ModCloth, they specialize in retro looking clothes, so I found 2 dresses and ordered them, they were so cute, but way too small.  So back they went (free returns).


 Then I found a dress at Anthropologie, way too expensive, I hesitated, I debated, I quibbled, finally I ordered it.
I decided that if I was going to own only one dress it ought to be something I really like, something I don't see everyone and her sister wearing and one that would look half way decent on my short, round body.
Plus it's my birthday next week, so it's a birthday present.  Hope it fits.


These are the 2 from ModCloth, so cute, so small






This is the one from Anthropologie

4 comments:

  1. Love the Anthropologie dress- I usually do like the most expensive things best:)
    Have just ordered Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil both book and DVD - shall read first and watch afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three of them. I would happily wear them all. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very elegant - good choice! If you have only one dress, make it a nice one. :)

    I have the same problem finding things that fit. Curviness succumbing to gravity is my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't owned a proper dress in don't-know-how-many years. Especially not one with a waist. I just haven't got the figure for it - not even after losing some weight.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday in the Swamp

Beautiful cold day here, down to 36º last night and only expected to reach 60º today, but the sky is blue and it looks wintery. Lots to get...