Saturday, September 7, 2013

She's Back

Yes she's back!  Delta contacted us last night and let us know she had arrived from Spain (hope she enjoyed the trip).  We knew she was on her way because the Iberia baggage web site had let us know that she had been routed back to Savannah from Madrid.
They called around 6:30 last night and said she'd be delivered some time during the evening, and about 8:30 p.m. there she was, sitting on our doorstep waiting to be signed for.
Didn't even open it till this morning, but except for being very wrinkled, everything looked great.
I have my Gloria Vanderbilt pants and my Opium perfume, I'm set to go.
My thanks to Delta and Iberia for handling it so well.
I'm not too angry at Delta for the cancelled flight, it's the first time in many years of flying that this has happened so I'm ok with what happened, not happy, but ok.
Right now Mac is online booking our next flight, San Francisco here we come.  All I need to do is get a bigger carryon bag and then we won't have to check anything!

5 comments:

  1. San Francisco! My favorite city. I know you'll have a marvelous, gorgeous time. Bon Voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! That's great news.
    Hubby and I have both had luggage go missing and it's so stressful, especially if you are at the beginning of a trip (as I was, in Thailand - taught me a lesson to always take my contact lenses in my carry on bag though!)
    Hope you have more success with your SF trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always carry my contact lenses and all medication in my carryon. For San Francisco I bought a bigger carryon and we're not checking any bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing worse on a trip than a bag going missing! I once missed my bag at San Francisco airport. It wasn't on the carousel. I waited for about 2 hours trying to find it then saw someone had taken it off and left it more or less in the middle of the floor. I never knew if it was a passenger or a member of staff but i was very glad to see the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your bag was returned safe and sound still with all your favourite things inside. Hope you enjoy your next trip:)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...