Friday, September 27, 2013

Things I'd Like to Do, But I'm Making No Promises

A Large Slice Please
 Relyn at Come Sit By My Fire has posted a list of 43 things she'd like  to do before her next birthday (this is her 43rd) and it's a great list.  As my birthday is tomorrow I thought I might come up with a list too, but not something for each year, I'm way too old and it would take more than a year to complete.  So I'll keep it simple and Mac will be helping me with some of them.

In the next year I want to:

•  Raft down the Grand Canyon, not white water, just a boat ride.

•  Visit the beaches of Normandy

•  Actually sew a dress well enough for it to be worn--I  use to make a lot of my own clothes, but I got out of the habit and now I don't sew as well

•  Get some work down on my family scapbook--this has been lingering forever, I'm beginning to feel   guilty

•  Take more pictures of our family--I take lots of pictures of places

•  Finish the crocheted throw I've been working on for months

•  Plant more roses

•  Finally master playing Pacibel's Canon in D

•  Ride on a steam train

•  On open garden day visit some of the gardens in Savannah

•  Tell my family how much I love them. can't say it enough

•  Paint more pictures, I get so lazy about this

•  Make the quilt that I've had cut out for 9 months

•  Read more nonfiction

•  Take more day trips, we've gotten very lazy

•  Listen to Mac play his guitar, he plays so well and too often I just listen with one ear

•  All aches and pains aside, enjoy how healthy I am

•  Get outside more, heat and all

•  Each day to remember how lucky I am to have the life I  have


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Janet! :)

    I like your list ... lots of good ideas there. Here's hoping they are all fulfilled in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprising the number of these that I also want to do. It's a good idea to make a list. I might do it myself, your list has inspired me.

    Oh, and a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a do-able list. Hope you get to do them all.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday in the Swamp

Beautiful cold day here, down to 36º last night and only expected to reach 60º today, but the sky is blue and it looks wintery. Lots to get...