Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet

When I was growing up that's was what the Fourth of July was all about, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolets.  But I'm older now and the hot dogs are made out of turkey or tofu, the apple pie has to be gluten free and Chevrolet is in receivership.  So on our 4th we're having a fresh green salad, pasta salad, pork n' beans, barbequed chicken and ribs topped off by watermelon.
And when we wake up from our food coma we're letting off a ton of fireworks brought back from South Carolina.
Happy 4th of July to all my friends and family, hope it's a good one for you full of good food and those you love.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a good 4th July, one day I shall have to visit the US at this time and watch a parade and the fireworks. I have to say that, healthy or not, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolets souds good to me:)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...