Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

Halloween has gotten sad.  I remember being a child dressing up in a home-made costume and watching the window waiting till it was dark enough to head out in search of candy.  When we were young my sisters and I went together and then as we got older we went with friends, I don't remember our parents ever going with us, not as many weirdies out there then.  And no one checked my candy for foreign objects or tampering, we'd probably eaten a ton of it before we ever gotten  back to the house.
Now parents take their kids Trick-or-Treating, examine all their candy and as often as not find something else for the kids to do instead of Trick-or-Treating.  Many churches and neighborhoods hold Fall Festivals instead.
Fewer and fewer kids go out into the dark night in search of candy, we only had 3 come to our house and now I have to find something to do with the candy I bought in order to keep me from eating it.  If I were a kid I'd have earned all that candy and enjoyed every bite of it, now we'll just pass it on to a friend with kids.  It's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...