Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If I Get Any Fatter


I'm worried about my weight. When Mac and I married I weighed 89 lbs. I only weighed 110 when pregnant with our daughter. But at 30 I had a hysterectomy and just like all our cats we'd had neutered I started gaining weight. At 35 I quit smoking and put on more. And as the years passed I put on a pound here, a pound there and now here I am, way too fat.
Mac, bless his heart, says he likes round women, not stick ones, so that helps, but I need to lose weight.
I walk 2 miles a day, go dancing twice a week and when it's not 1,000 degrees I work out some. But I'm fighting Mother Nature. My metabolism is so slow, I'm living at turtle speed. I've been on thyroid medication for an underactive thyroid for years. Mac and I eat the same food, except I eat less and he does 100 sit-ups and push-ups a day. I have the metabolism of a tortoise and he's a grasshopper.
So I need to lose weight or they're going to need another time zone to fit me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...