Friday, July 3, 2009

Insects


For the most part I have a live and let live relationship with the insects in our yard. After all we basically live in a swamp (that's what the coast of Georgia is no matter how you try and pretty the description up....wetlands for example). But yesterday I walked out my front door to water the plants there and a wasp flew out of the wreath hanging on my door and before I could say anything he stung me in the neck.
The only thing I know to do for a sting is make a poultice of baking soda and water and put it on the sting. So I did, but shortly thereafter my feet started itching and then my hands. I had to take an allergy pill. Now I'm not allergic to bee or wasp stings, but boy is my neck swollen. Not inside or I'd gone to the doctor.
So Mac went outside and sprayed all their nests and did them in. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...