Sunday, August 23, 2009

Floods of Biblical Proportions


And God gave Noah the rainbow sign, no more water the fire next time.  Well I don't know about that because it rained yesterday, no, I mean it really rained!  During the week we'd gotten nearly 5 inches and then yesterday the heavens opened up and in less than 2 hours we got more than 4 inches of rain. Lordy it was coming down in sheets with thunder and lightning to match the deluge.
I looked out the window and saw that the lagoon had flooded into out yard and our boat was ready to leave, while our dock (on the right look carefully) was under water.  The plant I had sitting on it looked like it was getting ready to float away.  I called Mac and he waded out to the boat, the water was ankle deep half way across our yard, and pulled the boat back.  In the picture it is still sitting in water but not in danger of floating away.  My poor yard!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...